Sunday, August 3, 2008

Yay Angie! Yay Butler! I'm proud of you both for posting:) Just a few more of you to convince:) Thanks for the school update Angie! Oh gosh, I'd be stressed too. I talked to Champ on Friday and she told me about the waxing thing! Gracious. That marlin. I'm going to post pictures later this week of my room "before" (in the scary state) and "after" (after I've put in 40+ hours making it look livable:). I spent 2 days alone cleaning out this huge supply closet (Dawn and I get to share it!) and here's a short list of some things that I found:

1. milkbone dog treats
2. enough pasta to open my own Italian restaurant:)
3. construction paper like you wouldn't believe! (I won't need to buy any for at least several years)
4. A bucket of old acorns (must have been for the unit on fall)
5. 4 (count them, four) balances
6. 6 containers of unifix cubes
7. 2 boxes of "Whisper phones"
8. enough markers to supply art for several years:)
9. a deer antler
10. 2 shelves of old discarded school library books


Anyway...thought you might enjoy that. Dawn and I now have a place to put things...which i find helpful! The teachers that had the closet before must have been pack rats that would have made B.O. proud.

We get to go to new teacher meetings this week. Yippee.
Oh, and our custodians are very pleasant!

1 comment:

Rhianna Garber said...

Hearing everyone talk about getting their room ready makes me miss it a little more each year. I can't believe I am starting my third year at home! Maybe one of these days I will make it back into the classroom. As for right now, I am enjoying my calling as a mommy. Ellen is two and it feels like she's going on 10! She acts so big...like she really knows what's going on. Good luck on moving in and new teacher stuff. What a blessing it is to have a friend there.